Maki Sushi Roll Mould For Thin Rolls, 60g
Comprised of three parts (an inner mould, an outer base and a push-down lid), this mould is used to make a well proportioned 'tube' of rice and filling, which can then be placed on a sheet of nori seaweed and rolled up to make a hosomaki.
How to use
- Wet all three parts before use to prevent rice from sticking.
- Fill the inner mould (half-cylinder without the thicker edge) up to about 80% with pre-prepared sushi rice.
- Make a valley down the middle of the rice for your filling.
- Place the inner mould, open side up, inside the larger mould (the square).• Fill the valley with your desired sushi filling (note: hosomaki normally only have one filling).
- Fill the remainder of the larger mould almost to the brim with rice, making sure that the filling is completely covered.
- Press the rice down using the pressing lid (half cylinder with the thicker edge).
- Turn the mould upside down and push out the rice 'tube'.
- Wrap the rice up in nori seaweed.